Cynergy3 understands that privacy is important and that you care about how we use your personal data. We are committed to processing personal information about our website users that complies with our legal obligations as well as being transparent with our users about how we use and store their personal information.
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always strive to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always ask us to find out more using the email address provided later in this document.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data corrected if your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the email address provided later in this document.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the email address provided later in this document.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
Personal data that we collect
We collect a range of personal information relating to you, including:-
- e-mail address
- business name
Any other information that you supply when completing on-line contact forms.
This information is obtained directly and not through a third party.
How we use your personal information:
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
To maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer
To communicate with you including to respond to information requests/enquiries submitted.
We may send you occasional direct marketing in relation to our own products and services by email as long as we have received your consent to do so.
You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
You can choose to opt out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time by using the email address provided later in this document.
How long will we keep, and where do we keep your personal data
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary. We will retain the information for the length of time required by the legal bodies that govern our business.
We may store or transfer some or all of your personal data in countries that are not part of the European Economic Area (the “EEA” consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). These are known as “third countries” and may not have data protection laws that are as strong as those in the UK and/or the EEA. This means that we will take additional steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception:-
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
How can I access my personal data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email addresses shown later in this document.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it.
How do I contact you?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data protection, including making subject access requests, please use the following details:
Telephone: +44 (0)1202 897969
Post: Cynergy3 Components Ltd, 7 Cobham Road, Ferndown Industrial Estate, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 7PE, UK.
We may change this Privacy Notice when necessary, for example if the law changes, or if we change our business in such a way that affects personal data protection.